Juan Castro Blanco National Park: A new cloud forest to discover

It was created by decree in 1992, the total area of the park is 14,250 hectares (approximately 35,600 acres) of beautiful nature and it is located just one hour and a half from La Fortuna, crossing the beautiful plains of San Carlos.

This marvelous park is surrounded by beautiful cloud forest (60% of primary forest and the other 40% consists of patches of secondary forest) and it is excellent for bird watching; especially if you are looking for the famous Resplendent Quetzal.

There is an important fact to mention of this park; it is also known as the “Water National Park” because many of the most prominent rivers of the Northern and the Atlantic regions are originated in the aquifers of this park.

At the end of the walk through the trails, visit the lake found in an ancient volcanic crater followed by a delicious lunch with fresh trout as main course.

This tour is available from La Fortuna (Arenal area) and it can be also combined with transfers from/to El Silencio Lodge or San Jose.

Please contact us for more information about this tour.

We are active members of the most important tourist associations, both national and international.

To navigate this site use a different one than Microsoft Explorer.

We use cookies to offer you the best experience on our site. Continue browsing if you are happy or check more information about our protection and privacy policy..