About the Hotel
The oceanfront complex is located 800 mts West from Herradura entrance, Playa Herradura, Puntarenas, Costa Rica. The resort stands less than two hours from Juan Santa Maria International Airport; and 10 minutes from, dining, shopping and the nightlife of Jacó town.
This Costa Rica hotel is set within an 1100 acre rainforest with spectacular views and surrounded by the exotic region’s natural splendor. With a Spanish colonial charm and complemented by the verdant rainforest and the Pacific waters the Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort offers all the contemporary amenities of a world-class resort.
The hotel features 201 guestrooms, including 9 suites, 20 premium rooms and 1 Presidential suite. It is important to mention that all rooms are non-smoking rooms and that there are ADA-accessible rooms available for those guests with a condition of reduced mobility.
All the rooms offers either a mountain or an ocean view. In general terms, the amenities include one King or two double beds, high speed internet, international cable TV, individual climate control, free coffee, minibar, telephone, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Of course, all rooms count with the quality of Revive bedding by Marriott.
Here, a brief description of each type of rooms for you to know which of them fits better into your needs:
- Rainforest View Standard Deluxe Room: (387 sq ft) these are spacious rooms with Juliet Style balcony facing the rainforest or the resort area.
- Garden terrace view: (387 sq. ft.) located on the first level with a lovely walk out terrace and a flower patch in the front. All terraces have hammocks for relaxation.
- Ocean View Room (387 sq ft) these rooms have full or partial ocean views with a Juliet style balcony.
- Premium ocean view room: (463 sq ft) the rooms in this category offer Ocean views and a full walk out balcony.
- Premium deluxe ocean view room: (463 sq ft) featuring full Ocean view rooms with a walk out balcony.
- Master Suite: (785 sq ft) Elegant full ocean view suite, with living-entertainment area and breathtaking views of the Herradura Bay.
- Presidential Suite: (1775 sq ft) this luxuriously appointed full ocean view suite has a living room, a dining room, and a whirlpool and terrace overlooking the Herradura Bay with connecting room available.
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resorts also pamper its guests with different facilities. When staying at the property you can enjoy different services that will make more comfortable your vacations in Costa Rica. Valet service, 24-hour room service, gift shop, and golf pro shop are only some of the special features you can find in the hotel.
If you are wondering what else makes special this Costa Rica Marriott hotel, you may need to know that the hotel is specially focused into give its guests a very pleasant stay and, for that, they offer different recreational and entertainment options. The nearby marina, lighted tennis courts, scheduled water aerobics sessions, the Tortuga Kids Club -a recreation center for kids-, and a 9-hole mini golf are part of the attractions of the hotel.
When the time comes to refresh yourself, you will find a lot of relaxation and refreshment in the resort’s multi-level outdoor perpetual pool alongside ocean. This one is recognized as one of the most beautiful and unique free-form pools of Central America, with a spectacular surrounding scenery.
The property also features La Iguana Costa Rica Golf Course an 18-hole, par 72, Ted Robinson designed golf course. This great golf course is located alongside an exotic rain forest, featuring breathtaking ocean views. All this luscious scenery masks a challenging game, one well worth conquering during your vacations in Costa Rica.
The course at Los Sueños Marriott also features a spectacular gallery featuring brightly hued macaws and friendly macaws, being perfectly blended with nature. It is important to mention that all the golf carts are equipped with GPS system. Additionally, guests can find a driving range, equipment rental, golf cart rental and swing studio.
For those visitors looking for relax and a more tranquil stay, the hotel features Sibö Spa, a truly organic experience! Sibö offers the best high-quality Costa Rican Spa Services in the area. Their qualified team of therapists carries the totality of treatments with the utmost professionalism and taking care of all the details to ensure the satisfaction of the clients.
This convenient and full service Spa offers a shop with a great amount of excellent products to choose from, as well as good variety of Spa Deals and packages. All the massage therapies in the Spa were created taking the national famous phrase “Pura Vida” in mind, indulging you with the true Costa Rican comfort and care.
There are 11 treatment rooms –including a couple’s suite and a wet room with Vichy shower- awaiting for you in Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort. Guests can enjoy a whirlpool, sauna and steam room in men and women’s relaxation areas. The perfect day end during your stay!
This Costa Rica Resort also offers a well-appointed fitness center where you can enjoy a brisk workout. The gym with state of the art Technogym equipment is open 24 hours a day, every day. Just to help you to keep your fitness goals during your vacations in Costa Rica!
You can enjoy many outdoor and indoor activities such as:
- Weight lifting and cardio equipment.
- Aerobics in the hotels’ pool.
- Two tennis courts and golf.
- Jogging or walking trails.
What else can make your stay a better experience? Restaurants. Definitely, the restaurants. Los Sueños Marriott features five excellent dining options, each one of them with a special touch that will delight even the more difficult palate. The succulent and mouthwatering delights in each one of the restaurants will provide unique and unforgettable gastronomic adventures, mastered by the skillful chefs of the complex.
Now, if you want to know more about the culinary options that you can taste while staying here, please pay attention to this brief review:
Casa del Café – Grab & Go
Here in Casa del Café the guests will be able to enjoy an exquisite homemade pastry selection, gelato, salads, wraps, sandwiches, and much more. There are over 30 different coffee combinations, you will notice that aromatic coffee notes emerge from every cup! You also can enjoy grab-and-go food and beverages including wine and spirits. A total delight for your afternoons or for an agreeable time with your family and friends. Open 24 hours.
** Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
18 & Greene
This cozy restaurant combines the classic elements of a nostalgic steakhouse while recalling the glamour days of the 60’s. This open-air experience features a large bar and a wood burning grill. The great bar offers a view to 18 anchors the space, while the grill serves up everything from a gourmet burger to a juice T-bone. Comfortable captain’s chairs and sepia prints of epic golfers in action, and retro tableware help set the stage for a perfect dining moment.
** Open for lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
La Vista evokes the warmth and vibrancy of a residential hearth. Set in a colonial atmosphere, the restaurant at this luxury Costa Rica resort allows its guests to enjoy delicious options while overlooking the pool deck. This is the perfect example of a place everyone wants to gather. Here you can enjoy chef’s pantry, wine lockers, AM/PM buffet and semi-private dining. This three meal kitchen is characterized by shelves made of local ceramics, local wood, and leather detailing and colorful tile add character and sophistication. A great option for a joyful meal with good company!
** Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
This all-day terrace and bar offers tantalizing options that capitalize on local traditions and can be prepared interactively with minimal back of house support. In Bar Ocho guests can enjoy coffee tastings, juices and smoothies, classic hand-crafted rum cocktails –as well as other different options of liquor blends-, ceviche, and the perfect taco bar!
** Open for lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
Arrecife Pool Bar & Grill
Its location makes it the perfect setting for an exciting meal. This beachside restaurant offers an open air dining and outdoor grill, a swim-up bar, and a sea-to-flame menu. The perfect option for light meals! Sample an exquisite menu with refreshing drinks in the enchanting surroundings of the tropical Costa Rica gardens.
** Open for lunch. Dress code: Casual.
And as if that were not enough, there are a bunch of more different dining options nearby. For example:
- El Hicaco Restaurant: Seafood, located at 4 miles. Open for lunch and dinner.
- El Pelicano: Seafood beachfront restaurant, located at 1 mile. Open for lunch and dinner.
- El Galeon: International food. Within walking distance from the hotel. Open for dinner.
- Tsunami Sushi: Japanese. Located 5 miles away from the resort. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Wishbone: American food. Located at 4 miles. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Hook Up Bar and Restaurant: Traditional American pub food. Located within walking distance from the hotel. Open for lunch and dinner. Great view of the marina.
- Lanterna Ristorante Italiano: Italian. Walking distance from Los Sueños Costa Rica Ocean & Golf Resort. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Bambu: Asian. Walking distance from the hotel. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Dolce Vita: Coffee house. Walking distance from the resort. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Now, what about meeting and banquet facilities?
This Costa Rican luxury hotel offers 11.900 square feet of flexible functional space, including several outdoor and patio areas. Its elegant 3,922 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom perfectly accommodates up to 570 guests. Their professional events staff and their innovative catering will create the perfect theme parties. An excellent option for your social or corporative events.
Some interesting facts about the hotel:
- The impressive sculpture of an iguana, an old man and two fairies that graces the golf course was carved out of a 300 year-old tree that fell alongside the ninth hole. Fabio Brenes Morales, a renowned woodcarver, used only a chainsaw to create the masterpiece.
- 15,000 sq. mts of floor tile were handmade in Costa Rica.
- 375,000 clay tiles were brought in from Nicaragua to make up the hotel’s roof.
- The hotel strive to help the environment and give a little back to the tropical paradise. They have a lot of sustainable policies among which we can highlight the use of solar panels at the golf course, active recycling program, tree plantation The Scarlet Macaw reinsertion program, use of biodegradable products, Global Earth Hour participation, and much more!
And, what else can you do in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is a land of beaches, rainforests, volcanoes, rivers, and waterfalls. An exotic paradise with a surprising wildlife and exuberant flora that you have to discover. Once here, maybe the most challenging activity will be choosing what to do… the country really offers a lot of different options either for your family vacation packages or for your adventure vacations in Costa Rica.
If you are planning your next vacations to Costa Rica we do hope that all this information were useful to you. Please, feel free to read our blog if you want to know more about this exotic land and all the possibilities it offers!